28 September, 2008

Home

I'll be the first to admit that I've always wanted to just pick up and move somewhere new. And I'm SO glad to say that I've done it. It's been hard, fun, exciting, and a total adventure. But I miss Arkansas. Desperately. I don't know that I've pinpointed exactly what it is that I miss. I think it's the familiarity. I miss knowing how to go places without having to think about it. I miss knowing shortcuts going around town. I miss going to Wal-Mart and seeing half a dozen people that I know. I miss going to Mom and Dad's for Sunday lunch. I miss being within 10 minutes of pretty much any place that I wanted to go. I miss my family. And I miss my friends (although the majority of my friends are scattered all across the U.S.). I miss having someone to go shopping with and I miss having someone who just "gets" me. (Granted, Jamie "gets" me more than anyone else, but I'm talking about someone of the female gender.)

I knew it would be hard. I'm glad it's hard in fact.... it's a great learning expereince. But I'm not a country girl. And I live IN THE COUNTRY. And I'm 22. Not 32 (the general age of most people that I know).

But there are good things too. The weather is wonderful. The mountains are fabulous. And the love of my life is here... which makes it completley worthwhile.

But I miss home.

No comments: