04 October, 2008

My life doesn't suck... I promise

So, after reading that last post that I wrote I realized that it really sounded like my life sucks. It doesn't. There are some days that are just plain and simply- hard. And for whatever reason, I posted on that day. SO.... on to more uplifting things.

One of my best friends lives in Colorado Springs and I got to see her a couple of weeks ago and it was WONDERFUL. Seeing a familiar face and talking with someone that understood me and my heart was great. I really appreciate those times more than ever before.

Also, I kinda have a new friend here in Simla... the head football coaches wife. Granted she's nearly 10 years older than I am and has 2 children, she's one of the most "normal" and "real" people I've met thus far. It's been fun getting to know her and her 2 sons are really funny. Jamie and I enjoy hanging out with their family.

We are also visiting another church tomorrow. I REALLY hope that this one is normal. It will be nice to find a church home and start getting involved. I'm hoping that we might get to meet some really great people through church.

Also, I've actually been enjoying all of the high school sports. We went to a volleyball game (one of the few sports that I actually know more about the rules than Jamie) and viewed all of the homecoming festivities that followed (which were quite interesting... they go all out up here! a bonfire, car smashing, parade... crazy!). This was one of the first times that Jamie's football boys actually made connections of who I am... along with many of his other students. I got stared at a lot.

And finally, on a side note (I promise I'm not trying to sound like one of those really annoying brides-to-be that brags and only talks about her fiance...well, maybe only a little :). I have a very sweet fiance. I've been looking at tote bags to throw all my wedding stuff in (like when I go to dress fittings, cake tastings, make-up trial runs and such) so I don't have to carry so much. I hadn't bought anything yet, so he ordered me a super cute tote bag with my NEW initials on it and surprised me with it today. It was very sweet. :)

No comments: