17 October, 2008

when it rains, it pours...

We'll this has certainly been a week. I got strep throat for the first time in my life (thanks second graders) but that is minor in comparison to today.

So, my grandma lives out in the boonies. So far out in the boonies that they don't get any trash service which means that she burns her own trash. Usually, not a problem. Until today.

She was outside burning the trash when some leaves nearby caught fire. She went over to stomp the fire out (like she's done many times in her life) but the fire caught her pants on fire. Thankfully, a neighbor had come by to chat with her and probably more or less saved her life. Her hands, arms, and legs are all burned. Severely enough that she is being transferred to the Tulsa Burn Unit tomorrow morning. Mom said she seems to be doing okay... she says she's not in much pain (she's a very tough lady) but they put her on morphine anyway.

Today, I hate living in Colorado. I want to be in Arkansas near my family and my grandma.
Pray for us. Infection is a huge worry at this point. I'm not ready to loose my grandma.

No comments: