09 September, 2008

Cold

It is cold in Colorado.

Actually, it's not that bad, but I'm used to September still being summer. It's actually fall here and the wind makes it feel like winter.

My house has HORRIBLE insulation. Last night I slept with fleece pj pants, a t-shirt and sweatshirt on. Then I had a quilt, comforter, and another huge blanket on after that. I was never warm once during the night. It's going to be a VERY cold winter.

I could have turned the heat on; however, I refuse to turn on the heat in SEPTEMBER... i'll break down and do it eventually, but it's just too soon.

Today started out horrible by the way: spilling my entire cup of coffee on my desk/floor, copy machine jammed, and spending time taking care of those things meant that I didn't have time to do others. Which I should go do now, but I needed to vent.

And my job is hard. Much harder than I ever expected. I hate not having another 2nd grade teacher. It has to get better eventually.

No comments: