03 September, 2008

Yes, we are engaged!

So, as you have probably seen... we are engaged! Jamie proposed on August 31st on the top of Pike's Peak... here's the story of how it happened...

My parents came into town for Labor Day weekend. The arrived late Friday night and I knew that Jamie had planned on asking for Dad's permission sometime that weekend. Saturday morning Jamie got to my house and talked to Dad and Mom about marrying me and then let them in on the plan of how he would do it. We ran around on Saturday and all day Jamie was giddy and being super sweet. I didn't really think anything of it. So we planned on going to Pike's Peak early Sunday morning since it usually rains in the afternoon. We left the house about 6:45 and the whole way there Jamie was super quiet. When I asked him about it, he just said that he was "tired" (which he really was since he didn't sleep the night before because he was so excited and nervous!) We stopped before we went up to Pike's Peak to go to the bathroom and I gave Jamie a hug and he quickly grabbed my hand and kissed me and moved on (because I almost grabbed the ring box! I realized all this after the fact ;) ) When we got to the top of Pike's Peak, Jamie said he wanted to take a picture with me so I followed him over to the spot. When I caught up with him he said, "So, Sarah... I have a question for you." My heart started pounding because I was hoping that he would ask me. Then, he got down on one knee and said, "Sarah, will you marry me?" Of course I said YES!! and we hugged and kissed and whatnot... I was literally floating on cloud 9 and I still am!!

We are getting married on June 12, 2009 back in Arkansas. I'M SO EXCITED!!!

No comments: