21 November, 2008

Thankful

So, despite resent circumstances, I still have a lot to be thankful for. Sometimes I forget how much I have to be thankful for until things start going downhill. So, here are some things that I am thankful for today.

1. Being Healthy- granted right now, I'm not healthy, I'm sick. But it reminds me that everyday that I wake up healthy, I need to be thankful for it.

2. My job- though not always pleasant, I have 17 precious children that I have the privilege to educate and shape their lives. It also pays the bills.. even though a teacher's salary is by no means generous, I live comfortably.

3. My family- This year, I not only have my own family, but I have Jamie's family too. And they are wonderful. I couldn't have asked for better in-law's. They love me and support me and have welcomed me into their family with open arms.

4. My fiance- Jamie is more than I ever could have imagined in a husband. I was flipping through my journal the other day and I had written down things that I wanted in a future husband, Jamie goes above my expectations. He loves me for who I am yet, he encourages me to be a better person each day. He supports me, encourages me, listens to me, understands me. He
has already become the spiritual leader of our future household. I am so blessed by him.

5. New Friends- The people we have met here in Colorado have already blessed our lives and I am looking forward to getting to know them more and more.

So there are just 5 of the MANY reasons that I'm thankful today.

No comments: