04 November, 2008

Idiot of the week (well month really)

As you all know I teach 8th graders and some high school kids, as you also know, or at least I hope you know, today is the election. Being the brave and idealistic young teacher I decided to tackle the election the issues and the candidates head on. Wow! While I heard the usual Obama is a terrorist, a muslim and was born in Iraq (that was a new one) I do have a new all time favorite. One of my students who is by no means dumb, said without pausing "If Obama gets elected he'll give free cheeseburgers and health insurance to the lazy people sitting on their couches, and I'll have to pay for it" without skipping a beat ADD boy responds in all seriousness "Wait! Does that mean they'll take my Xbox?" to which Makeup girls responds "No Muslims don't play Xbox."

I love the eigth grade, and please vote.

Update from a freshman: Michelle Obama hates white people, and John McCain is keeping P.O.W.'s in Vietnam and not telling us.

No comments: