15 November, 2008

Friends and Homesick

Tonight Jamie and I went over to a couple's house from church (where another couple joined us too) and we had a blast! Dinner was great, conversation was great, we played games. It was wonderful. It's nice to have friends finally.

Thanksgiving is coming up soon. I'm excited. And I'm not (which I feel HORRIBLE for saying). You see, I've finally gotten over this homesickness thing because in some ways I suppose I've forgotten what home was like. But going back home will just remind me all over again of why I want to be there and thus bring the homesickness back. Jamie and I talked about this tonight on the drive home... he said that I'll cry when we leave and it'll be hard for a while, but I'll eventually build tolerance.

I just know how miserable I felt the first month we were here... I don't care to experience it again. (Jamie said he didn't care to experience it again either since I cried pretty consistently everyday). :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It gets easier and easier each time...