19 December, 2008

this time of the year...

So.... it's Christmas break. And I couldn't be happier. Other than the fact that I still have approximately 15 MILLION things that need to be done before we leave tomorrow. Like doing laundry (i'm not sure how two people can generate so much clothing that needs to be washed in one week, but whatever), and tidy the house, and clean out the car, and PACK, and load the presents, and put away the christmas tree, and you know all the other millions of things that I'm sure i'll find that i need to do before tomorrow morning.

but i'm excited. today it kinda started to feel like christmas to me. i went into town to pick up my wedding dress! drop off bags upon bags upon bags of stuff to the goodwill, picked up some picture frames for the parent's engagement pics, got coffee, listened to christmas music in the car... it was enjoyable. kinda a crazy day, but enjoyable.

and i can't wait to see both of our families. it's going to be great. and go by far to quickly. but it's still great.

and can i just tell you that i recieved possibly THE sweetest gift from one of the parents of a kid in my class? she crocheted jamie and i an afgan. yeah. a christmas afgan. i nearly cried. i have some really great parents in my class. :)