02 January, 2009

My NOT New Year's Resolutions

Every year I make a list of things that I want to do in that year. Generally, very typical things like loosing weight, yada yada. And while I like setting goals for myself, sometimes it's just too much to think about at one time. It becomes another scary list to try and complete and we all know that I have PLENTY lists in my life. So here are all the things I'm NOT going to do this year. (It makes it seem so much easier).

1. I'm NOT going to fall into the media trap of what is "beautiful".
I'm beautiful. Enough said.

2. I'm NOT going to stress out on my wedding day.
I just won't do it. I'm going to enjoy my day. I'm going to be happy. I'm going to celebrate the love I share with the man of my dreams. And whatever happens, happens.

3. I'm NOT going to let work consume my life.
I'm going to work the rest of my life. But I don't want work to BE my life.

4. I'm NOT going to think about all the things that I don't have, but seem to think I can't live without.
I have an ugly orange chair and an ugly blue couch for living room furniture. But I have living room furniture which is a nice thing.

5. I'm NOT going to pretend to be someone I'm not.
What ya see is what ya get. I've done the pretending thing before and vow to never to it again.

6. I'm NOT going to try to please people all the time.
As much as I'd like to think that I can make everyone happy, I can't. And it's rather pointless to try.

7. I'm NOT going to say "yes" to everything that people ask me to do.
This one is for work. When you are the youngest person on staff by 15 years you often get fingangled into doing things that other people don't know how to do (i.e. all technology).

So, there ya have it. All the things that I'm not going to do this year. Kinda nice.

No comments: