09 January, 2009

Back to the grind

So if anyone was incredibly worried we made across the vast hell that is Kansas and arrived safely in Colorado. We had a few adventures getting back; driving to Wal-mart in quasi blizzard to take back and a get a new TV stand, nasty Kansas flatness, and stinky new neighbors, but other than that it was an uneventful trip. Arkansas/Louisiana was amazing, I cannot possibly express how great it was to be home. Seeing friends was amazing, and I think that is what I miss the most, we have friends here but nothing like we do at home. The bachelor party the weekend before we left, was, even though I got to stay one night, the highlight of the trip. It was also great to see family, and just be home.

School's been rough this week, not that the kids have been particularly bad or that this has been a bad week, its just been long. Being a school teacher is great because of the breaks but it is really hard to get back into school shape after two weeks off. Let me explain school shape, I'm on my feet walking around between 5-6 hours a day, on top of that I'm talking almost all of that time, while trying to keep 5-25 hooligans from destroying the classroom. I've been tired, and my voice has also been tired.

We have a wrestling tournament this weekend. It's an overnight trip, which will be an adventure. We're going into the mountains and its supposed to snow. I'm not driving. I enjoy wrestling, I'm not a good coach yet but it's a fun sport and one that I enjoy more and more.

Also on a final note, my TV is set up. It is beautiful. Also I have Xbox live so if you read this and have an Xbox you should either get it back, or give me your name so you can dominate me at Halo. Sarah plays too by the way.

No comments: