10 January, 2009

know

I think one of the greatest desires in life is to be known and to know. I've found that with Jamie. We just get each other. We understand. We know.

But I think that most people desire to be known by a person of the same gender too. To have a best girl friend or guy friend that just knows.

Sometimes I think I'm odd.. I don't really realize that I need people until I'm with people. (confusing huh?) You see, I'm so far away from my friends it's like I forget that I need that companionship until I'm with them again and then I remember. I had coffee with a good friend today and I remembered. So then I called my best friend from home and we talked for about 2 hours... we talked about life, and love, and work, and struggles, and I love the fact that we just get each other. We know each other. We can go without talking for months because we are both so busy and pick right back up where we left off and she just GETS me. I don't have to justify my feelings or thoughts to her. She just understands.

It's nice to be known.

No comments: