22 March, 2009

The South

I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it is to be back in the South. Here are some of the great things that have happened thus far:

1. Some of you may not know this, but if you have ever lived somewhere else other than the South then you will know... there is a different smell in the south than anywhere else (no it's not the smell of chickens or cow poop). It's the smell of humidity. Moisture. In the air. Now, granted when I lived here I complained with the best of them about the humidity that we always have here, but when you live in the DRIEST place EVER moisture is a welcomed relief for the dry skin/chapped lips/moisture ridden hair. I love humidity. And I love the smell of humidity. It's quite wonderful.

2. After church today, Jamie and I (along with my family) went and looked at houses. For us. Beautiful houses. New houses. That we can afford. We want to buy SO bad and we are so hoping that we can get this particular house by June.

3. Speaking of houses- my parents are remodeling their house and totally didn't tell me! They wanted to surprise us- they aren't totally finished yet, but they've totally redone the bathrooms and all the bedrooms and are getting ready to finish the rest of the house within the next couple of months. Pretty exciting.

4. We have a MILLION things to do while we are in town. I'm not quite sure that it'll all get done, but we'll see.

5. Did I mention that I'm sick? Thursday morning I woke up with a fever and my neck (where your lymph nodes are were VERY swollen). I decided that since spring break was around the corner and I did not want to be sick that I would break down and go to the doctor (i've been sick on and off for about a month). Turns out I had/have all this fluid build up in my ears that was now in my lymph nodes and I had beginning stages of strep. Perfect. So I'm on a bunch of meds (and not contagious) and got a nice lecture from the doctor about how I should go to the doctor as soon as I feel bad before it gets worse. yada yada.

6. So, now my turn to brag about my wonderful soon to be husband: Jamie had asked me about what I wanted for my birthday (he likes to plan ahead) and I said that I would like a strand of pearls (even though I figured we couldn't afford them) to wear on our wedding day but made it clear that I was probably too expensive so not to worry about it. Well, today we were all out shopping and mom and i went off without jamie. before i knew it jamie was asking me to come to kay because he needed to know the size of my neck(haha!). You see, he found a strand that he thought was beautiful, but didn't know the right size of the necklace so even though I know I'm getting a strand of pearls for my birthday/wedding present I'm so excited. He spoils me terribly. And I love him so very much.

7. I'm very exhausted so I realize that all of these things don't realy go together, but there you have it. For now at least.

No comments: