17 March, 2009

Of Love and Life

Rewind back to my Senior year of college Christmas break. I spent part of my break with my roomie and her family in Kansas. I needed to be out of Arkansas and away for a while to relax and recharge. It was a wonderful, wonderful break. While I was there I talked with a very wise woman. We talked about love and life and such. She asked me what I thought about love and I didn't really have an opinion. I knew love existed. I could see love. I could love. I knew I could be loved by friends and family. But I didn't know that I could be loved romantically. We talked about romance and love and such and she told me "Sarah, when you meet the man that you will marry it will be EASY. You almost won't have to work at the relationship... it'll fall into place and when you do have to work at it, you won't mind working at it because it'll be so good. And when you find the man you will marry it will happen FAST. You'll feel like you've known him your whole life and you'll be engaged and married before you know it."

She couldn't have been more right.

Not even two months after we talked Jamie and I were dating. It was easy. It was fun. I ENJOYED it. I loved spending time with him and I felt like I'd know him forever after a month. And it was fast. We dated 6 months and then we were engaged. It seemed silly to wait to get married when we knew so quickly. We will actually be engaged longer than we dated. Crazy huh? Dated 6 months. Engaged 9 months. And then we'll be married.

And here I am... just as she said. I haven't talked to her since Christmas break of my Senior year and I need to go back and tell her how very right she was.

2 comments:

wendy said...

I understand completely--we both came from long term relationships only to fall quickly for a pair of goobers. john and I dated for 3 months when he bought the ring, a 6 months we were engaged, and married exactly 7 months later.

hopefully we won't have exact parallel lives-getting pregnant within the first month of marriage isn't fun :)

Unknown said...

that sounds great! john changes shifts this weekend (totally wrote shits first...ew.), so he will be working 10pm to 6am, with thursday and friday as his days off.

we don't have any plans for next week, so just let us know what's good for you guys!