22 May, 2009

End of School

So today is my last day, and I have to admit, it is a bit bitter sweet. Significantly more so than I expected. I have truly enjoyed my time here. This is a wonderful school. I am continually amazed at how good the staff and administration is here. I've also been impressed by the kids. There are some that drive me absolutely bat shit crazy but others that I really enjoy and will miss a lot. I've gotten close to a lot of my kids, particularly my athletes. When I started my career I had absolutely no desire to coach I wanted to be a teacher and an academic, not a meat-head. I have discovered though that coach (particularly wrestling) is something that I particularly enjoy and want to do again. So the adventure once again ends, but it also begins again. Marriage, Mexico, and Arkansas here we come!

No comments: