23 May, 2009

The end is drawing near...

As much as I've complained and grumbled about Colorado and hating living here... there are some good points, which I feel like you should know, and I should remember.

1. Last night we went over and hung out with some of Jamie's work friends. We had a lot of fun. The people (very few) but the people that we have become friends with are really great people.

2. Tonight we are going to hang out with some of my work friends. I'm excited to spend time with them... they are very wonderful people and I will miss them.

3. Today was Simla's graduation and it was really sweet... being in a small school, you have the ability to really impact kids and Jamie has certainly done that. He gave his 7 seniors (there were 26 total graduating) that he's had in class/coached gifts and the crying of the girls ensued. It was sweet to see how much Jamie has touched them... I know he'll be missed next year.

4. While my job situation has been less than ideal this year and really made this year very challenging and discouraging, I have some amazing parents in my class. Some of the mom's got together and got me flowers, a sweet card, and a cake that said "Happy Birthday, Congratulations, and Goodbye Ms. Lyman". They made it a surprise and we did the little "celebration" with my second graders and the kindergartners (I know all the kinders pretty well since I share a building with them and they are all almost all siblings of my 2nd graders). It was really sweet to have 28 kiddos sing "happy birthday to you, cha-cha-cha.." with such enthusasim. I WILL miss my sweet kids and my sweet parents. I am truely blessed by them.

5. It is nice to walk into the local grocery store and have the owners recognize you.

6. I couldn't be more pleased to be leaving Colorado. I can't wait to be in Arkansas, but there have been blessings here in Colorado which I am very thankful for.

No comments: