27 July, 2008

We are HOME!

So, we arrived in our new home this afternoon. It's been a tiring couple of days with all the driving (this is by far the longest I've EVER driven... usually I'm a passenger, not a driver) and everyone is exhausting. Nonetheless..... Jamie's place is great. We decided on a second floor apartment because it was nicer and much cleaner. It has a balcony that we can put a grill on which we are excited about and all in all should be a great place... now my place.... that's another story. I cried when a I saw it for a number of reasons... mainly because I am tired. It will be fine once it is decorated a bit. It's just.... old. and no one has lived there in a long time. and it's from the 70's. So... it's not amazing and considering that my apartment in Siloam was really beautiful this is a major downgrade, but it's ok. Heidi and Melissa (Jamie's sisters) are going to help me decorate and that will help it look a lot better and more homey. Everyone keeps reminding me that I probably won't be living there for long which makes it okay too. :)

Anyways, today has been stressful. We are all tired and stressed so sleep will do us some good. Tomorrow we will unload and Tuesday shop for some new curtains and stuff for me (like I said.... my place needs some love).... So life should be interesting the next few weeks. I get my classroom key tomorrow! I'm REALLY excited about that.

So here we are.... we'll update soon!

-s.

No comments: