31 July, 2008

So we're here

As you can tell from Sarah's last post we've been here a few days.  Its been good, but hard.  A lot of work has went in to setting everything up and it's still not done.  I (jamie) have been unpacking and setting up my apartment, it is essentially done, all I'm waiting on now is internet and satellite, its supposed to come next Thursday, I'm ready for that.  I got my keys to my classroom today, I really needed too as well.  I have a lot to work to do, teaching a subject that I've never had a class on and rarely studied is going to be a challenge to say the least, but I think it will work out and be an enjoyable experience.  The room is nice, I have a lot of work to do to get it ready but it should be OK, I still have a little while till school starts.  Football camp starts Monday, it's been five years since I played, but I feel like I should do OK as a coach (I can teach a small girl how to block).  

Simla is OK, it will take some getting used to be so far away from everything, especially being so far from everything (40 minutes to Wal-Mart) but it will work, and we are both excited about being here and the upcoming year.  

jamie

No comments: